Join us in Ann Arbor as we explore the intersection of student-athletes and disability.
Sponsored by:   The University of Michigan Department of Athletics Academic Success Program
June 16 & 17, 2020

Building bridges between the athletics department and the campus disability office is one of the keys to widening the circle of support for student-athletes with disabilities. This important connection can establish a strong and accessible foundation to pave the way for helping student-athletes succeed both on the field of play and in the classroom.

With a focus on mental health issues, this one-and-a-half-day symposium will feature leaders in the area of mental health and athletics, and review best practices used by campus disability services and athletics academic support offices. We will also employ an innovative and interactive "unconference" approach where attendees will determine the topics for breakout sessions.

The symposium will be held at the University of Michigan Golf Course Clubhouse from 9:00 a.m. to 5pm on Tuesday, June 16th and 9am to 1pm on Wednesday, June 17th.

Registration coming soon!

Call for Proposals: If you are interested in presenting at this event, please see our Call for Proposals page. Proposals will be due by March 27, 2020.