Hi! As learning center director and the person supervising tutoring, I have been put in charge of doing “something” about the high D-F-W rate for courses.  I am approaching this through providing tutoring for high D-F-W courses.  One issue that I am having is identifying the benchmark for what makes a course high D-F-W.  Is it 20% D-F-W, 30%???  Do any of you have a benchmark that your schools use to determine what percentage makes a course high D-F-W?

Thanks for your help!

Glenna

Glenna Heckler-Todt, Ed.D.

Director, Advising & Academic Resources

Schedule an Appointment

Student Success Center

Shawnee State University

Phone: 740.351.3277

Text Message: 740.431.4017

Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

“Helping underprepared students prepare, prepared students advance, and advanced students excel.”

--Motto of the National Association for Developmental Education (NADE)