From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Glenna Heckler-Todt <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 6, 2020 8:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: High D-F-W Benchmark

Hi! As learning center director and the person supervising tutoring, I have been put in charge of doing "something" about the high D-F-W rate for courses.  I am approaching this through providing tutoring for high D-F-W courses.  One issue that I am having is identifying the benchmark for what makes a course high D-F-W.  Is it 20% D-F-W, 30%???  Do any of you have a benchmark that your schools use to determine what percentage makes a course high D-F-W?

Thanks for your help!
Glenna

Glenna Heckler-Todt, Ed.D.
Director, Advising & Academic Resources
Schedule an Appointment<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__calendly.com_ghecklertodt&d=DwMFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=g3frlfIzSRCXrdlVfYtG9sumxI9S9dfEq6648DT02b8&s=q2XZDoj1PxXE8iXP8DZB3GQQV42JmPMA_ANCPxT93-w&e=>
Student Success Center
Shawnee State University
Phone: 740.351.3277
Text Message: 740.431.4017
[cid:[log in to unmask]]
Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself
"Helping underprepared students prepare, prepared students advance, and advanced students excel."
--Motto of the National Association for Developmental Education (NADE)