Hello Colleagues,

We are currently in the process of exploring best practices and related
research on identifying and providing support for college students who need
to develop learning strategies and skills in the areas of critical
thinking, reading, and writing across the undergraduate curriculum. As we
continue to explore ways to support college learning skills development
to an ever-changing student body, we are seeing this need more clearly than
ever.

We can also predict that the need will continue to grow, as our population
changes to include more:

   - International students
   - Other students for whom English is not the language spoken at home
   - Returning veterans and older students
   - Transfers from our two-year community college system

We are interested in learning about how our peers are addressing these
needs both in the context of skills and strategies courses as well as
through tutoring programs. I welcome any leads you might suggest.

Respectfully,

David Hayes

David B Hayes, Ph.D.
Director, Academic Skills Development and Community Outreach
Academic Enhancement Center
University College for Academic Success
405 Roosevelt Hall
The University of Rhode Island
Kingston, RI 02881

pronouns: he, him, his

Click here to provide feedback on AEC services.
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__web.uri.edu_aec_let-2Dus-2Dknow-2Dwhat-2Dyou-2Dthink_&d=DwIBaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=lzYGOIb8f09wAHkQBg--t95g4GirQLUXKCnDUkTwC9A&s=dCmhrjcYWC3OqP69A5Oi-Yk-2-vhdRIaf-wOOc8QHv4&e= >