Hello Colleagues,

We are currently in the process of exploring best practices and related research on identifying and providing support for college students who need to develop learning strategies and skills in the areas of critical thinking, reading, and writing across the undergraduate curriculum. As we continue to explore ways to support college learning skills development to an ever-changing student body, we are seeing this need more clearly than ever.

We can also predict that the need will continue to grow, as our population changes to include more:
We are interested in learning about how our peers are addressing these needs both in the context of skills and strategies courses as well as through tutoring programs. I welcome any leads you might suggest.

Respectfully,

David Hayes

David B Hayes, Ph.D.
Director, Academic Skills Development and Community Outreach
Academic Enhancement Center
University College for Academic Success
405 Roosevelt Hall
The University of Rhode Island