Hello colleagues,
We are considering adding supplemental instruction (SI) at my institution to address DFW rates and to support nursing students who need to maintain 3.0 GPAs. We've only offered tutoring, and I'd like to hear from those of you who have added SI to a peer learning assistance program that has traditionally been focused on tutoring.

  *   How did SI impact the utilization of tutors in the SI subject areas? How did it impact your tutor budget?
  *   Did SI leader labor come out of your own budget or other department or program budgets?
  *   How did SI impact your non-tutor staffing?
  *   What collaborative partnerships did you develop to be able to introduce SI?
  *   What led the addition of SI?
  *   Who championed the introduction of SI on your campus?
Please feel free to respond to me directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
All the best,
Jeffrey
Jeffrey White, M.A., M.S.
Learning Commons Administrator, Shepard Academic Resource Center
Instructor of German, International Languages and Cultures
President, Northwest College Reading and Learning Association
Buckley Center 163, MSC 184

University of Portland
5000 N. Willamette Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97203

T: 503.943.7141  E: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.up.edu_learningcommons&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=KCI7sy7C5n0x3_q8t2lrsORBGR-rjj2vXzXLC6ztHNA&s=ZhiNHeoKSynXE6dej1x1UzRVwD_GTEfaWdBeTl8k_KM&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.up.edu_learningcommons&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=KCI7sy7C5n0x3_q8t2lrsORBGR-rjj2vXzXLC6ztHNA&s=ZhiNHeoKSynXE6dej1x1UzRVwD_GTEfaWdBeTl8k_KM&e= >

Follow the Learning Commons<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_ConnectLearnSucceed_&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=KCI7sy7C5n0x3_q8t2lrsORBGR-rjj2vXzXLC6ztHNA&s=NV17ULkAYNqnWI7327PQw8VvvyTbpxXC0Q-XJV4mOOo&e= > on Facebook