Online tutoring is not an option for our accreditation. Any service available to the on-ground student must be available to the online student (within reason of course). We also have a huge initiative here to serve dual credit students in rural areas. Our university seems to be doing mostly online classes in the summer so that students can enroll in classes but live at home and avoid the cost of housing. So in some instances, online tutoring is not a convenience—it is required. In others, it is a convenience as I know because some of our online clients are actually in the building when they zoom in!

We do our zoom sessions in the AARC, right with all of our other activity. Two stations are right by the stats walk-in table. What I like about that is that the client being tutoring can see the action of the learning center and feel a part of our culture here—even if only a little bit.

We offer zoom tutoring sessions for courses we tutor to any student who requests them. We don’t have a lot of requests—yet.

m.e.

M.E. McWilliams

Director

Academic Assistance and Resource Center (AARC)

Stephen F. Austin State University I  Nacogdoches, Texas

936 468 1439

[log in to unmask]" alt="facebook small icon">[log in to unmask]" alt="insta small icon">[log in to unmask]" alt="twitter small icon">

The views and opinions expressed in this message are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Stephen F. Austin State University, its Board of Regents, or the State of Texas.