For our online tutoring, we have used goboard.com because of the whiteboard functionality.  It allows students to text or email documents to the whiteboard, video & audio conference, and has several preloaded features (i.e. math functions, graphing, calculator) for several subject support as well as basic writing and discussion.  It does not support small groups, but is free and seems to be effective based on student feedback.

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Kennedy, Tammi Kohl
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 3:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Zoom for Tutoring

I am exploring options to expand access to tutoring using our own trained peer tutors. Has anyone tried Zoom for tutoring? It’s easy to use and access, they seem to have great screen-sharing functionality, as well as the ability to share hard copy documents, and their format seems to support 1:1 tutoring as well as small-group tutoring. But I’d love to hear about your experience – with Zoom or another program.

Thank you!

Tammi Kohl Kennedy, M.A., M.Ed.

Director of Academic Support

Center for Student Success, Academic Affairs

University of Mount Union

Hoover-Price Campus Center 113

1972 Clark Ave.

Alliance, OH 44601

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Schedule Tutoring and Structured Study at MyWCO.com/Mount

Stop in or schedule a conversation at www.calendly.com/kennedta