Hello,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank CRLA for its influence on
tutoring programs and for setting standards of excellence.

Food for thought - I believe the application for certification provides
instructions for what a reviewer will need to see in an annotated
bibliography. Based on those instructions, your entire bibliography does
not have to be annotated, but what does it hurt if it is? ;-)

The first attachment is a sample of an annotated bibliography.

   - I submitted this annotated bibliography several years ago when I was
   writing for CRLA's ITTPC recertification.

Also attached is a sample of an email with written consent to use video
(published materials) during tutor training. I'd like to provide you with
this sample to show how you might provide documentation for using online
material such as TutorLingo.

   - TutorLingo is a subscription that can be customized to the needs of
   individual programs. It will be beneficial to you and your program to have
   the organization(TutorLingo) provide you with a document demonstrating
   written consent for using their products and submit the written statement
   along with your bibliography. In some cases, the written consent may be
   in the form of an email. If I am ever in the position to write for
   recertification again I will (and I recommend to other programs that they)
   request a written formal agreement demonstrating permission to use
   copyrighted materials. See attached, an email I received from Dartmouth
   College regarding my request to use portions of their videos that were once
   posted online. Defensively, protect your programs. Offensively, prove
   collaboration and willingness to give credit where credit is due.

Third is not an attachment. If you use resources like TutorLingo, add them
to your list of sources on your work cited page.

   - You might work with the sources (like TutorLingo) to have them help
   you format their resources or products for your bibliography.
   - Formats for citing website sources such as TutorLingo can also be
   found on Purdue Owl, Citation Machine, etc.

I hope this will be helpful. Please let me know if you have any other
questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

James

*James Scudder*

Associate Director, McNair Scholars

Zellner Hall, Room 130
Tel: 325-674-2838
email: [log in to unmask]

*Book a meeting at jms97w.youcanbook.me <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__jms97w.youcanbook.me_&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=Y4puL61Hikp1R5ikL6_5JF4F2kTbprWkQlLu-Sqfi6o&s=MT31Gl3wexSyx77tWIGvJ9nXzsT2srfroBjhIvRneRw&e= >*