Hello,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank CRLA for its influence on tutoring programs and for setting standards of excellence.

Food for thought - I believe the application for certification provides instructions for what a reviewer will need to see in an annotated bibliography. Based on those instructions, your entire bibliography does not have to be annotated, but what does it hurt if it is? ;-)

The first attachment is a sample of an annotated bibliography
  • I submitted this annotated bibliography several years ago when I was writing for CRLA's ITTPC recertification.
Also attached is a sample of an email with written consent to use video (published materials) during tutor training. I'd like to provide you with this sample to show how you might provide documentation for using online material such as TutorLingo.
  • TutorLingo is a subscription that can be customized to the needs of individual programs. It will be beneficial to you and your program to have the organization(TutorLingo) provide you with a document demonstrating written consent for using their products and submit the written statement along with your bibliography. In some cases, the written consent may be in the form of an email. If I am ever in the position to write for recertification again I will (and I recommend to other programs that they) request a written formal agreement demonstrating permission to use copyrighted materials. See attached, an email I received from Dartmouth College regarding my request to use portions of their videos that were once posted online. Defensively, protect your programs. Offensively, prove collaboration and willingness to give credit where credit is due.
Third is not an attachment. If you use resources like TutorLingo, add them to your list of sources on your work cited page.
  • You might work with the sources (like TutorLingo) to have them help you format their resources or products for your bibliography
  • Formats for citing website sources such as TutorLingo can also be found on Purdue Owl, Citation Machine, etc.

I hope this will be helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Sincerely,