Tides of Change: Northwest CRLA Conference

Registration is now open for NWCRLA 2020!

Our 2020 conference will be held just outside of Seattle in Everett, WA at Everett Community College from April 17-18, 2020. Register Now! (https://www.nwcrla.com/conference.html#conferencereg)

Not in the Pacific Northwest region? Come join us anyway in the vibrant Seattle area. The Northwest CRLA serves Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Montana, and all are welcome to learn with us at our conference.

Conference Scholarships for Peer Educators
We are excited to offer scholarships for student conference registrations! Scholarships will cover student registration to our conference on Saturday, April 18 and will be awarded to students who are currently employed by their school's learning assistance programs (e.g. tutors, peer mentors, academic coaches, etc.). Visit our website to apply!
Learn more about scholarships (https://www.nwcrla.com/conference.html#scholarship)

Meet Our Keynote Speaker
Join us in welcoming our keynote speaker and pre-conference workshop leader Dr. Bernadette Jungblut! Bernadette M. Jungblut, Ph.D., serves as the Associate Provost for Accreditation, Academic Planning, and Assessment at Central Washington University. Read about the pre-conference workshop (https://www.nwcrla.com/conference.html#keynote)

Book Your Hotel
We have reserved a block of hotel rooms at the nearby Hampton Inn in downtown Everett for attendees of the 2020 Northwest CRLA conference. The number of rooms is limited, so reserve your room soon!

Book now (https://www.nwcrla.com/conference.html#hotelinfo)

Step Up to Lead: Call for Board Nominations
We are now accepting nominations for NWCRLA's next treasurer and president-elect!

Candidates should be higher education professionals including administrators, staff members, and faculty from the northwest region (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Montana). Elections will be held on Saturday, April 18, 2020 during the conference. Self-nominations are welcomed.
Learn more and submit a nomination (https://www.nwcrla.com/conference.html#boardnom)

Last Call to Submit a Presentation Proposal by 2/9/2020

There's still time to submit a presentation proposal for the NWCRLA 2020 conference! Submissions will be accepted through Sunday, February 9 2020.

We welcome proposals that reflect effective practices and innovations in the areas of developmental education and learning assistance and are informed by theory, research, and application.

Not sure what your presentation should be about? Here are some ideas:
* Cultural competency
* Online tutoring
* Tutor & peer educator training
* Implementation of Guided Pathways
* Responding to changing developmental education

View proposal guidelines (https://www.nwcrla.com/conference.html#proposals)

Jeffrey White, M.A., M.S.

Learning Commons Administrator, Shepard Academic Resource Center

Instructor of German, International Languages and Cultures

President, Northwest College Reading and Learning Association

Buckley Center 163, MSC 184

University of Portland

5000 N. Willamette Blvd.

Portland, Oregon 97203