I show a video of some random guy on YouTube giving a lecture that is fairly badly organized but chock full of good info. You know, like lectures are sometimes? And then I give them a quiz to see if they have the answers in their notes. Then we discuss. It works pretty well.

Amy Crouse-Powers

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Get Outlook for Android

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Debra Haslam <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 7, 2020 4:28:02 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Notetaking Workshop Ideas

I held a workshop where I first explained several different notetaking styles and how to use them. Then I showed them three different short videos of very different lecture styles and had them use different note taking strategies for each one. (I assigned them on the first two videos and then let them choose on the third). After the videos I had the students split into groups based on which notetaking style they liked best. The groups were to come up with a list of reasons why their note taking strategy was the best one and then present to the rest of the group.

Debbie Haslam

Coordinator of Early Intervention and Tutoring Services

Runway Learning Center

Office: SH302

316-942-4291, ext. 2319

https://www.facebook.com/NUrunwaylc/