Greetings!

We occasionally run the Consultant Appointments/Visits report under
Scheduling to get a look at Appointments, Visits, Drop In Visits, and
Availabilities. Those hours are totaled for each tutor for a time frame,
and grand totals are included at the bottom. I like that we can see
what happened to appointments (missed, canceled, visit, etc.) and the total
hours that tutors worked with students in line with when they were
available.

The title of the report does not make it evident that Availabilities are
included -- "show availabilities" must be selected on the report menu to
get them to appear.

Under reports, choose Scheduling, then Consultant Appointments/VIsits

   - Pick a center
   - Consultant Search > (if desired - not selecting a tutor will result in
   all tutors for the center)
   - Choose date range
   - Check the following boxes:
      - Show Cancelled Appointments
      - Calculate Total Hours
      - Show Availabilities
      - Generate

The report lists the results by tutor. Each tutor entry includes each date
that the tutor had an appointment, drop in, or availability from left to
right on the screen.

Canceled appointments have red strikethrough. Missed appointments are
underlined in red and marked missed. Appointments that resulted in Visits
have the start and end time in parentheses after the appointment.

Drop In visits are listed to the right of appointments.

Availabilities are listed on the far right.

The section of the report for each tutor provides a total of these hours
for the tutor for that date range: Appointment total hours, visit total
hours in parentheses, Drop In total hours, Availability total hours. For
example, totals might be 8.25 (5.54); 0.25; 20.00. That translates to 8.25
hours of appointments that resulted in 5.54 hours of student visits; .25
drop in visit, and 20hours of availability for that tutor for that time
range. A Grand Total for the center is provided at the very bottom.

I like this report for periodic checking of what happens to appointments,
whether students are making the appropriate length appointments (they can
25- or 50 minutes), and tutor utilization.

We do have some tutors who work for more than one center on campus. While
we run the report for one center, TT will pull some information regarding
those other centers such as availability. They are marked by center,
though, so our grand totals usually need only a little subtraction rather
than having to do a whole lot of addition.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Kate

Kate Hahn, Ph.D.

Executive Director of Faculty Development and Academic Writing

Center for Teaching and Learning / Center for Academic Writing

Northeastern Illinois University

5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773) 442-4490

CTL: (773) 442-4467

CAW: (773) 442-4492

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.neiu.edu&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=4Pu2JgxhBA_TZgVXCuHqCgnN8msxBqU_hSeJHxq4fFk&s=xa4u9DAx_CBW_DqXgAXTWQAjdW6qm3F0yfRPjHqHU-E&e=

<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.neiu.edu_&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=4Pu2JgxhBA_TZgVXCuHqCgnN8msxBqU_hSeJHxq4fFk&s=Z2IxpvkfgVcw7g_GaZp-_V0S0CVH56JH682G33bNY1o&e= >