Greetings!

We occasionally run the Consultant Appointments/Visits report under Scheduling to get a look at Appointments, Visits, Drop In Visits, and Availabilities. Those hours are totaled for each tutor for a time frame, and grand totals are included at the bottom. I like that we can see what happened to appointments (missed, canceled, visit, etc.) and the total hours that tutors worked with students in line with when they were available.

The title of the report does not make it evident that Availabilities are included -- "show availabilities" must be selected on the report menu to get them to appear.

Under reports, choose Scheduling, then Consultant Appointments/VIsits
The report lists the results by tutor. Each tutor entry includes each date that the tutor had an appointment, drop in, or availability from left to right on the screen.

Canceled appointments have red strikethrough. Missed appointments are underlined in red and marked missed. Appointments that resulted in Visits have the start and end time in parentheses after the appointment.

Drop In visits are listed to the right of appointments.

Availabilities are listed on the far right.

The section of the report for each tutor provides a total of these hours for the tutor for that date range: Appointment total hours, visit total hours in parentheses, Drop In total hours, Availability total hours. For example, totals might be 8.25 (5.54); 0.25; 20.00. That translates to 8.25 hours of appointments that resulted in 5.54 hours of student visits; .25 drop in visit, and 20hours of availability for that tutor for that time range. A Grand Total for the center is provided at the very bottom.

I like this report for periodic checking of what happens to appointments, whether students are making the appropriate length appointments (they can 25- or 50 minutes), and tutor utilization.

We do have some tutors who work for more than one center on campus. While we run the report for one center, TT will pull some information regarding those other centers such as availability. They are marked by center, though, so our grand totals usually need only a little subtraction rather than having to do a whole lot of addition.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Kate

Kate Hahn, Ph.D.

Executive Director of Faculty Development and Academic Writing

Center for Teaching and Learning / Center for Academic Writing

Northeastern Illinois University

5500 North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625

Phone: (773) 442-4490

CTL: (773) 442-4467

CAW: (773) 442-4492

www.neiu.edu