ACTP Conference: Steps to Student Success!

Registration is now open for ACTP2020

“Coaching & Tutoring: Steps to Student Success”

Join your ACTP colleagues in Atlanta, GA on March 15-18, 2020 for a conference jam-packed with coaching and tutoring expertise!  Engage with your ACTP colleagues over intriguing sessions, explore a Night on the Town activity, mingle in our Hospitality Suite and take advantage of a site visit to Georgia Tech!  Our 2020-conference host hotel is the Embassy Suites at Centennial Park! Today is the last day for Early Bird Student pricing and Early Bird Member pricing is available until February 28th

Register Today!

(https://www.myactp.com/conferences/2020-atlanta/)

Meet Our Keynote Speaker
Join us in welcoming our keynote speaker Dr. Bill Johnson.

Dr. Bill Johnson is a Student Success Navigator, Life Design Catalyst Coach, and Instructor in the School of Health and Human Sciences at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.  Bill coordinates the award-winning, nationally-recognized Life Design Catalyst Program at UNCG, where he and his fellow Navigators/Coaches empower thousands of students, faculty, and staff in higher education each year to optimize their lives and use their gifts in service to something bigger than themselves in order to make the world a better place.

Sunday Fun-Day!
We have an amazing range of pre-conference workshops for both Coaching and Tutoring on Sunday, March 15th in Atlanta.

1.     Academic Coach Training Primer: The Foundation of Coaching- This session will talk about ACTP’s academic coaching certification process, the difference between counseling, coaching and mentoring and provide the theoretical underpinnings of coaching. The workshop will also provide an overview of the coaching process to include: greeting the student & providing a safe coaching environment, conducting an intake, establishing goals, and boundaries of a coaching relationship.

2.    From Student Workers to Prepared Professionals: Training and Evaluating Peer Tutors- Tutor coordinators are often focused on hiring the best tutors. But what can coordinators do to develop tutors to be the best professionals who add expertise to this field and their future careers? This session will explore training and evaluation strategies that transition inexperienced student workers into experienced and prepared professionals.

3.     Ideas, Resources, and Tools for New Tutoring Center Directors- Learn how to gain traction in your new environment and develop the basis for an action plan for the next year as well as a multi-year strategic plan. In this session, you will be presented with a multitude of ideas, resources, and tools to develop or enhance key facets of your tutoring center to increase its impact.

4.     Creating a Safe Space: Maximizing the Foundation of Your Practice- As Abraham Maslow’s popular psychological theory asserts, safety needs must be satisfied before belonging, esteem, and self-actualization can be achieved. As helping professionals in higher education, we hope to support students in reaching their potential; however, we must first create the safe space for them to do so. This interactive session will focus on the foundational skill of Creating a Safe Space used in Florida State University’s College Life Coaching program.

5.     Training Your Tutors! Effective Activities for Success- This interactive session will allow those in attendance to take home several ideas and strategies to implement when training their tutors; from the beginning planning stages, to creating topic specific training session, to reflecting on the desired outcomes.

6.     Data Is As Data Does How to Illustrate Student Success- Learning centers often rely on their data to demonstrate effectiveness, justify budget requests, and most importantly pinpoint areas that may need review or improvement. This session will discuss important data that learning centers should be collecting and ways to visualize and analyze that data using summary statistics and statistical testing.

Book Your Hotel
We have reserved a block of hotel rooms at the Embassy Suites at Centennial Park for attendees. February 28, 2020 is the last day to book rooms at the conference rate.

Book now (https://www.myactp.com/conferences/2020-atlanta/)

Hope to see you in Atlanta!

--
Serena R. Bheodari