From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Carol Griesbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 1:59 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Pay scale for tutors

We have tutors in our department that are student workers and then another group that don’t qualify to be student workers because they either are not taking classes at our school or they already have their Bachelor’s Degrees. Recently, Illinois raised the minimum wage; and because of that our school raised pay for the student workers. They actually raised their pay by a lot and now I have tutors with their Bachelor’s Degrees getting less pay per hour than the student workers who don’t even have their Associate’s. We want to try to fix this. How do other Tutoring Centers decide how much their tutors will be compensated?