From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Condon, Debra
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2020 5:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Open Labs vs. Appts.

Fellow Learning Center Administrators,

I am interested in finding out how many Centers operate with open labs as opposed to by appointment only tutoring.  It seems that community colleges often rely on open labs, given the number of students taking advantage of tutoring.  The fact that most students in community colleges are commuters attending to a myriad of responsibilities, prohibits a good number of students from making and keeping appointments.

Do your Centers use open labs, appointments, or a combination?  Are you a two-year or four-year institution?  Thanks for any responses.

Slainte,
Debra Condon, M.Ed.
ESC Lab Supervisor
Educational Support Services-SH150A
Lehigh Carbon Community College
610-799-1156 (ESC); 610-799-1938 (Office)
Pronouns:  she/her/hers

"The one thing that does not abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
Atticus Finch

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail is intended only for the personal and confidential use of
the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and protected by law. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or
disclosure of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete the original message. Your compliance is
appreciated.