Hi Debra,

Our main tutoring center operates on an appointment basis. The appointments are with peer tutors. We also have open tutoring times with our professional tutors. We market them as “Let’s Talk Biology” or “Let’s Talk Criminal Justice.”

Our English department manages our Writing Center on campus and they have a mix of open lab times and appointments.

The math department operates the college’s Math Center and they operate an open lab setting. However, feedback from students is that they like appointments because they have the tutor’s full attention, so they have also incorporated appointment tutoring for specific math classes.

I find that having a mix of open lab and appointments meets the learning needs of our students.

All the best,

Jennifer Wrage Ph.D.      pronouns (She, Her, Hers)

Director of Academic Services and Testing

Dutchess Community College

845-431-8092