Hi Carol,

We are in Illinois and are thinking about this.

Currently, our peer tutors make $10.00 per hour. The rate of pay has been this for several years  now. This will be the minimum wage beginning 7/1/2020.

The next level of tutor (here for a year or have an Associate’s degree), makes $15.26 per hour. The third level, those with Bachelor’s degrees, make $19.62 per hour.

We’re trying to level off the highest paid tutors so that differences between rates of pay stays relatively the same as the minimum wage goes up over the upcoming years. Come 1/1/2025, the minimum wage will be $15.00, close to what our Tutor II level is now.

Lots of discussions with the Dean.

Good luck.

Kim