Position Announcement | February 2020
RESEARCHERS AND SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS FOR WEB INTELLIGENCE AND VISUAL MEDIA ANALYTICS PROJECTS
Full- or Part-Time Positions in Vienna, Austria
www.weblyzard.com/careers

Do you have a passion for novel solutions to challenging technical problems? We seek outstanding candidates to join our R&D team in our new city office in the heart of Viennaís 9th district. Help us advance the state of the art in Big Data, Web Intelligence, Information Visualization, Deep Learning, Distributed Computing and Predictive Analytics.

Pursued together with leading media and technology partners across Europe, our projects are supported by the European Unionís Horizon 2020 Program, the Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG) and the Google News Initiative (www.weblyzard.com/research). As part of a dynamic and interdisciplinary team, you will participate in a fast-paced and innovative R&D environment and help deploy award-winning technology showcases together with major international organizations such as the United Nations and NOAA Climate.gov (www.weblyzard.com/showcases).

ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
o Analytical skills and extensive software development experience (Java, Python or JavaScript)

AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
o Visual Analytics. Information visualization (D3.js) and Web development frameworks such as Vert.x, React, Ractive, or Angular
o Information Retrieval. Distributed/elastic databases, Elasticsearch 7.x including the optimization of complex aggregations; scalable semantic search, REST API frameworks.
o Big Data Infrastructures. Container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker Swarm) and stream processing (e.g. Spark, Flink, Storm, Kafka), message queues and asynchronous I/O; automated system testing and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, GitlabCI, TravisCI)

We offer full-time, part-time (e.g., current computer science students) and PhD candidate positions. Salaries are based on qualifications and experience, for example EUR 40,000 gross per year for candidates who have recently completed a relevant masterís degree. MODUL University Vienna and webLyzard are equal opportunity employers and strongly encourage qualified women to apply. Please send your application including cover letter, curriculum vitae and academic transcript to [log in to unmask] (in English or German; preferably as a single PDF file not exceeding 8 MB).

--
Prof. Dr. Arno Scharl
MODUL University Vienna