So, tomorrow I plan to be in the classroom for the last time until further notice (i.e., UF lifts the recommendation).

However, I think it will be possible for you to participate remotely beginning tomorrow if you wish (i.e., you do not physically have to come to class).

The tricky thing with Zoom will be small group work ... "breakout rooms" in Zoom parlance. I have set them up, and it should be possible for you to go into your groups and meet and share screens and audio, etc.  But this was definitely the trickier technical hurdle in this morning's CLP 6528.

A few notes:

  *   If you have not installed Zoom on your computer, please do so asap:  https://ufl.zoom.us/
  *   Please use your gatorlink credentials (not some other email), and please assign your FULL NAME to the name field (not just a nickname or first name or whatever). This helps me to join you to the correct room
  *   If you have difficulty collaborating via Zoom in small groups, you can supplement this with a shared google docs.  See the attachment
  *   Other ways that you can collaborate in breakouts, if Zoom gives you trouble: (a) Facetime (if all of you have Apple devices), (b) Google hangouts, or (c) Freeconferencecalling.com (you have to create a free account, and someone has to set up your group room)

--
Michael Marsiske, Ph.D.
Professor

Twitter: @MMarsiske