[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">
As you undoubtedly are already aware, the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak is causing GRE, IELTS, and TOEFL testing disruptions in some parts of the world, which complicates the graduate admissions cycle now underway at the University of Florida.
The Educational Testing System (ETS) has set up a webpage to inform individuals and institutions about where GRE and TOEFL testing has been postponed and when it is expected to resume. For the latest updates, click this link:
The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) has a webpage online about GMAT testing postponement and resumption:
The International English Language Testing System has a webpage online about IELTS testing postponement and resumption:
At this point, while much remains uncertain, the Graduate School counsels:
1. Please be as flexible as possible with submission deadlines for application materials for applicants from areas affected by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
2. Bear in mind that test scores are but one factor in a thorough, holistic evaluation of applicants, so in their absence your evaluations ought to continue apace on the basis of transcripts, curricula vitae, writing samples, and other such elements, from which you ought to be able to draw at least a preliminary conclusion as to whether or not an applicant is a truly promising prospect, pending receipt of scores.
3. Many applicants already took these tests well in advance, and official electronic transmission of their scores to our Office of Admissions ought not to be impeded by the current health crisis, so far as we are aware.
4. If applicants send you PDF copies of their unofficial score reports from the testing agencies, the Graduate School is willing to admit conditionally on the basis of such documents, with a registration hold set on the admittee’s record to block enrollment until official scores are posted in the Slate admission system at UF.
5. Acceptance letters or offers of admission may not be issued until your applicants are fully and duly admitted through the Slate system.
We are keeping an eye on this situation and will share whatever new information, insights, or developments we can as updates reach us.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and cooperation.