From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Nic Voge
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Strategies for dealing cognitive impairment

Hi all,

I hope this message finds you and yours safe and healthy.

I’m wondering you could share with me resources on how to manage what a student described to me as “cognitive impairment,” “really bad brain fog”.

The student has not disclosed more, so I don’t know more than this other than it’s a fairly long-standing condition that has, periodically, other significant physiological symptoms.

If anyone knows of particularly good resources for dealing with concussions (not accommodations by instructors, rather strategies for students) or post-concussion syndrome, that might be a start, so please let me know.

Take care all,

Nic

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dominic (Nic) J. Voge  || Senior Associate Director || he, him, his

McGraw Center for Teaching & Learning ||  Princeton University

328 Frist Center

(609)258-6921  || https://mcgraw.princeton.edu/undergraduates

[log in to unmask]" alt="signature_882082376">

Life Beyond Grades: Designing College Courses to Promote Intrinsic Motivation

The Key To Overcoming Procrastination | TEDx PrincetonU

[log in to unmask]" alt="Principedia">

The Insiders’ Guide To Princeton Academics—Add Your Voice!

"A university is, according to the usual designation, an alma mater, knowing her children one by one, not a foundry, or a mint, or a treadmill."--John Henry Newman