From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Nic Voge <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 2:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Strategies for dealing cognitive impairment

This email did not originate from the Triton College email system.
If the source looks suspicious, do not open attachments, click on links or provide your credentials.

Hi all,

I hope this message finds you and yours safe and healthy.

I’m wondering you could share with me resources on how to manage what a student described to me as “cognitive impairment,” “really bad brain fog”.

The student has not disclosed more, so I don’t know more than this other than it’s a fairly long-standing condition that has, periodically, other significant physiological symptoms.

If anyone knows of particularly good resources for dealing with concussions (not accommodations by instructors, rather strategies for students) or post-concussion syndrome, that might be a start, so please let me know.

Take care all,

Nic

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dominic (Nic) J. Voge  || Senior Associate Director || he, him, his

McGraw Center for Teaching & Learning ||  Princeton University

328 Frist Center

(609)258-6921  || https://mcgraw.princeton.edu/undergraduates

signature_882082376

Life Beyond Grades: Designing College Courses to Promote Intrinsic Motivation

The Key To Overcoming Procrastination | TEDx PrincetonU

Principedia

The Insiders’ Guide To Princeton Academics—Add Your Voice!

"A university is, according to the usual designation, an alma mater, knowing her children one by one, not a foundry, or a mint, or a treadmill."--John Henry Newman