From: Kolb, George <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2020 2:10 PM
Cc: Glover,Joseph <[log in to unmask]>; Lane,Charles Eugene <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: COVID-19-related expenses

To:  Deans, Directors, Vice Presidents and Unit Budget Officers

Fr:  Joe Glover, Provost, and Charlie Lane, Chief Operating Officer

Re:  COVID-19-related expenses

In order to gauge the financial impact of COVID-19 on the University of Florida, we are asking the campus community to begin tracking your COVID-related expenses, if you have not done so already.  Tracking expenses is a prudent and necessary step for potential future reimbursement through federal and state sources, including the Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA).

In order to centralize the tracking of these expenses at UF, a new flex value "COVID" has been added to MyUFL and it is available for use including in MyUF Marketplace.

All units should track their expenses for any emergency actions that have been conducted before, during, and after the COVID-19 response that serve to eliminate or lessen immediate threats to lives, public health, or safety.  Examples of FEMA eligible expenses and further guidance are included in the attached document.

Next, in addition to tracking potential reimbursable expenses, we are also asking leaders across campus to start tracking any potential loss of revenue that their units may experience due to COVID-19.  Loss of revenue figures may include all fund types and sources that are impacted.    When considering revenue loss, please also indicate if there is any commensurate reduction in expenses so that we may better understand your unit's net financial impact.

Please note that there is no guarantee that a unit's expenses or revenue loss will be covered. However, having this information documented will be important when requesting reimbursement from state and federal agencies and also for our own budget planning purposes.

UF's Environmental Health and Safety unit is coordinating FEMA reimbursement requests on behalf the university. For questions concerning FEMA requirements for reimbursement you may contact Brian Hunt or Dennis Fleetwood at 352-392-1591. For questions concerning the use of the flex account COVID, please contact the General Accounting Help Desk at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.