Dear learning assistance community,

The UofSC Student Success Center is currently in the process of revising our peer leader training curriculum to create more intentional and impactful practices around diversity and inclusion. In our office "peer leader" includes peer tutors, writing tutors, SI leaders, peer financial consultants, peer consultants (academic coaching), and more, so any perspective you have would be helpful.

With this in mind, we wanted to hear from the larger community about activities, lessons and resources that you have seen make an impact on how your peer leaders understand the issues surrounding creating an equitable and inclusive learning environment, both in terms of cultural diversity and diverse learning needs.

Any thoughts or resources on this subject would be welcome. Thank you for your time and consideration, and hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Scott McDonald
University of South Carolina
Student Success Center