Hello!
Because NCLCA works to be responsive to your needs, and the fact that so many individuals who are interested in our webinars do so through their institution while working remotely, the board is pleased to announce a move to a new platform for delivery of our Free and Paid Webinars. Now for just $100, an institutional registration allows for up to 5 individuals to register (or $250 for a 3 pkg), while cost remains at $75 for nonmembers (NMBR discount code) and $50 for members (Code is MBR). Anyone who has already registered and is paid has been transitioned to the new platform. More information is available at NCLCA.ORG/Webinars

Below you’ll find the registration information for our next two paid webinars. With this new platform we can support many more individuals so the registration process has been re-opened for your use. The new platform requires payment at the time of registration. If you need an invoice, please contact me directly using [log in to unmask] with your request and the number of attendees along with your institution. Otherwise, please review the upcoming sessions and use the link to register. Sincerely, David Reedy, NCLCA Webinar Coordinator

More information about upcoming Free Partner Webinars will be coming shortly (TMS 6/19 is next) from the [log in to unmask] coordinator, Mark Woolwine at U of Louisville.

Bias education for tutors: Establishing a safe, supporting environment on June 12, 2020 12:00 PM EDT
Our Presenter: Abe Saunders, College of Charleston, SC

The purpose of this session is to discuss best practices for conceptualizing and including bias education into your tutor (or Supplemental Instructor, peer academic coaching, etc.) training programs so that your tutors may feel equipped, supported, and empowered to effectively identify – and when appropriate – manage these challenging scenarios.

Participants can expect to take-away the following from this webinar:

- Be able to identify examples of how bias may occur in tutoring relationships
- A collection of recommended “Training Do’s” to include in your bias education training
- Explore techniques that tutors may use to respond to bias incidents
Please register for Bias education for tutors: Establishing a safe, supporting environment on June 12, 2020 12:00 PM EDT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6866261406870576397

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Academic Coaching: How to move your successful program to the online environment June 26, 2020 12:00 PM EDT
Our Presenters: Kiara Kumar (UCF), Becky Piety (UCF), and Tasha Ziegler (FGCU)

Join us as we discuss how to move your academic coaching program to an effective process online. Peer academic coaching and professional academic success coaching are programs provided within the learning centers at the University of Central Florida and Florida Gulf Coast University. This webinar presents the detailed transition to a fully online program during the spring 2020 term. Participants will learn about each department, what resources were utilized, testimonials from staff about their experiences, and lessons learned by staff at each institution.

Learning Objectives
Attendees will be able to…
1. Understand the different demands between transitioning a peer coaching program and a professional coaching program online
2. Identify the resources needed to move a coaching program online
3. Discuss how transitioning an academic coaching program can be highly effective in an online environment
4. Consider staff members’ experiences as they facilitate academic coaching online

Please register for Academic Coaching: How to move your successful program to the online environment, on Jun 26, 2020 12:00 PM EDT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4783766592660924431

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Questions? [log in to unmask]

David L. Reedy, PhD
Sr. Core Adjunct Faculty, School of Education

         Past-President, Treasurer, Current Webinar Coordinator, NCLCA
         2018 Recipient NCLCA Lifetime Achievement Award