Hello Dear Colleagues,

As I’m sure most of you are, I am really dismayed by the recent events in our country.  I know that students of color (and many others as well) will be hurting when school returns.  Some of them may have been involved in protesting, and they will need empathy from all of us.  I think the article at the link below provides a perspective that will allow us to better understand what many of our students (and colleagues) are experiencing.

https://medium.com/@timjwise/violence-never-works-really-e0af884c03b4

The author does not, and I would NEVER condone violence.  However, this article put some things in perspective for me so I wanted to share it.

I don’t want to start a political discussion; this is for information only.  Please, please, please do not respond to this message via the listserv; respond to me personally if you would like.  I don’t want this to turn into an “I agree” or “I disagree” conversation.  So PLEASE only send responses to me at [log in to unmask]

With sincere thanks for ALL you do, and best wishes for a safe and successful summer!
Saundra

Saundra McGuire, Ph.D.

Author of Teach Yourself How to Learn (Info at http://tinyurl.com/y9aqwhhx)

Author of Teach Students How to Learn (Info at http://tinyurl.com/ogfktwp)

(Ret) Assistant Vice Chancellor  & Professor of Chemistry

Director Emerita, Center for Academic Success

Louisiana State University