From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Smith, Jacqueline <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 11:48:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Exemptions for mask wearing?

Hello All,
I've been asked if we have any guidance regarding students, staff and faculty for whom wearing a mask may contribute to an exacerbation of a condition, or interfere with their ability to access or engage in learning, living on campus, or participating otherwise.
While the plan is to use similar procedures regarding other accommodations: interactive process, request for accommodation, review, etc., a suggestion has been made that the exempted person be given a different ID band than others (all people who enter campus will have been 'processed' with temperature readings and given a band to say they'd been screened and permitted on campus), to show that they'd been exempted from mask wearing in an effort to minimize the numbers of times they might be confronted about not wearing one.
What say you all? Is there guidance you might point to for this?
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
Jackie

Jacqueline M. Smith
Director: Disabilities Services Office
Carlow University
412-578-6050

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic transmission and any documents accompanying this electronic transmission are intended by Carlow University for the use of the named addressee to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged, or otherwise confidential. It is not intended for transmission to, or receipt by, anyone other than the named addressee or a person authorized to deliver it to the named addressee. It should not be copied or forwarded to any unauthorized persons. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please delete it immediately, and notify the sender of the error so it can be corrected.