Dear Colleagues,

Hamilton College is currently seeking someone to fill my position of
Director of the Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning Center.

Applications are due by July 5th, and can be submitted via Interfolio:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_76428&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=I9VzryvOJSSv5izERRPFSAZF0MTvCcchzhH3kH8fpwM&s=RhB1oImIAYx3VtP3uZeVctfhrz8KvRyV8_vPrkR-H1g&e=

I've included the text of the job ad below my signature for your
convenience.

Yours in learning,
----
Ben Smith
Director, Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning Center
Peer Education Coordinator
303A Christian A. Johnson
Hamilton College
198 College Hill Rd.
Clinton, NY13323

O: 315-859-4374
M: 360-304-9568

*=========================*
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_76428&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=I9VzryvOJSSv5izERRPFSAZF0MTvCcchzhH3kH8fpwM&s=RhB1oImIAYx3VtP3uZeVctfhrz8KvRyV8_vPrkR-H1g&e=
Hamilton College-Non-Faculty
Location: Clinton, NY
Open Date: Jun 3, 2020

*Description*Hamilton College invites applications for the Director of its
Center for Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning.  This is a salaried
position, with a work schedule of 11 months.  The Center provides resources
and tutoring for students in courses designated as fulfilling Hamilton’s
Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning requirement and for faculty teaching
such courses. We expect the Director will also teach one credit-bearing
course each year that is either QSR designated, or about QSR pedagogy and
education. We seek an engaging professional leader adept at working both
independently and with multiple constituents on campus to provide superior
academic support in the areas of quantitative and symbolic reasoning.

The Director oversees the daily operation of the QSR Center facilities and
is responsible for recruiting, training, and supervising student tutors. In
addition, the Director coordinates the Peer-Tutoring program for students
enrolled in quantitative/symbolic courses as well as in courses in other
areas of the curriculum. Other responsibilities include the development of
tutorial materials, conducting faculty workshops on quantitative/symbolic
reasoning in the curriculum, participation in professional communities, and
publicizing the activities and resources of the QSR Center.

Experience in an administrative or leadership capacity, teaching
experience, and an advanced degree in a quantitative/symbolic field
required. Characteristics of a successful candidate may include a PhD.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.

*Application Instructions*
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and the names and contact information
of three professional references. Address questions about the position to
Human Resources at (315) 859-4302. Deadline for applications to be received
is July 5, 2020.

Hamilton (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hamilton.edu&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=I9VzryvOJSSv5izERRPFSAZF0MTvCcchzhH3kH8fpwM&s=qN6pMK0fumP_0xfwJ-o1q7XF2weFpzXulbBzzA6l2wU&e= ) is a residential liberal arts college located
in upstate New York. Applicants with dual-career considerations can find
other Hamilton and nearby academic job listings at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.upstatenyherc.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=I9VzryvOJSSv5izERRPFSAZF0MTvCcchzhH3kH8fpwM&s=AxqHkdBL05QWsEB8Osq94kHUImY-AmZJ7RBAp1l7PNQ&e= .
Hamilton College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and
is committed to diversity in all areas of the campus community. Hamilton
provides domestic partner benefits. Candidates from underrepresented groups
in higher education are especially encouraged to apply.