Dear Colleagues,

Hamilton College is currently seeking someone to fill my position of Director of the Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning Center.

Applications are due by July 5th, and can be submitted via Interfolio: https://apply.interfolio.com/76428

I've included the text of the job ad below my signature for your convenience.

Yours in learning,
----
Ben Smith
Director, Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning Center
Peer Education Coordinator
303A Christian A. Johnson
Hamilton College
198 College Hill Rd.
Clinton, NY13323

Location: Clinton, NY
Open Date: Jun 3, 2020

Description
Hamilton College invites applications for the Director of its Center for Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning.  This is a salaried position, with a work schedule of 11 months.  The Center provides resources and tutoring for students in courses designated as fulfilling Hamilton’s Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning requirement and for faculty teaching such courses. We expect the Director will also teach one credit-bearing course each year that is either QSR designated, or about QSR pedagogy and education. We seek an engaging professional leader adept at working both independently and with multiple constituents on campus to provide superior academic support in the areas of quantitative and symbolic reasoning.

The Director oversees the daily operation of the QSR Center facilities and is responsible for recruiting, training, and supervising student tutors. In addition, the Director coordinates the Peer-Tutoring program for students enrolled in quantitative/symbolic courses as well as in courses in other areas of the curriculum. Other responsibilities include the development of tutorial materials, conducting faculty workshops on quantitative/symbolic reasoning in the curriculum, participation in professional communities, and publicizing the activities and resources of the QSR Center.

Experience in an administrative or leadership capacity, teaching experience, and an advanced degree in a quantitative/symbolic field required. Characteristics of a successful candidate may include a PhD. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.

Application Instructions
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three professional references. Address questions about the position to Human Resources at (315) 859-4302. Deadline for applications to be received is July 5, 2020.

Hamilton (
www.hamilton.edu) is a residential liberal arts college located in upstate New York. Applicants with dual-career considerations can find other Hamilton and nearby academic job listings at www.upstatenyherc.org. Hamilton College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in all areas of the campus community. Hamilton provides domestic partner benefits. Candidates from underrepresented groups in higher education are especially encouraged to apply.