We are staying with Zoom

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:39 AM Michele Doney <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

We will be sticking with Zoom.  Our campus has an institutional license for it with SSO, so pretty much everybody who isn’t using Blackboard Collaborate is using Zoom.  For the sake of not making students learn yet another platform (thinking here also of my tutors, who are also students), we’re going to stick with Zoom.  Our tutors have mostly been using it with OneNote, rather than the Zoom whiteboard, and it’s working well enough for them that there doesn’t seem to be a reason to switch.

Michele

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Jill Gosseen
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2020 9:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Are you moving away from Zoom for Fall?

Hello,

I know many institutions started using Zoom when COVID-19 hit.  If you used Zoom, are you going to continue using it in the fall or are you looking at other platforms?  If you are changing, what are you looking at and why are you moving away from Zoom?  We did not use Zoom for online tutoring but for instruction and our institution wants one platform for future use.  Responses are always greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Jill

Jill Gosseen

LARC Coordinator

Moberly Area Community College

101 College Avenue

Moberly, MO

660-263-4100 ext 11310

smaller yet logo

Louis Burkwhat,  M.A.E., M.Div.

Director Academic Success Center

530-226-4979 office

X2979 ext.

530-226-4864 fax

Request an academic mentor here!

Have a concern for a student?  Tell me about it here!

Want to set up a time to meet?  Get on my calendar here!

[log in to unmask]" alt="https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kBlrDx1Veop7btb7nGaDci0Y_kT7eToJovCbEDCbustQCpFrqVDOI9GWK9Tgs55B5yBIWeSIKnUuDrt3409RfqNtnIY=s0-d-e1-ft#http://simpsonu.edu/assets/img/ID/email/su.gif">

Learner—Belief—Achiever—ResponsibilityConnectedness

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it, constitute an electronic communication within the scope of the electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18, USCA 2510.  This communication may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated recipients.  The unlawful interception, use or disclosure of such information is strictly prohibited under 18 USCA 2511 and any applicable laws.