Hello:

We’ve been using homegrown software to track our tutoring center usage for years. It’s worked, but real time reporting is cumbersome and not tied to student success in any way. When we went online we couldn’t use this system and we’ve been limping by manually. I’ve recently gotten approval to look for tutoring software and have scheduled a demo with TutorTrac. I have so many questions.

·       Are there other tutoring specific software that I should schedule a demo for?

For users of TutorTrac

·       Does TutorTrac create attendance records with virtual tutoring?

o   If so, is it a download per session or is attendance added to a database?

o   Do students have to sign in before entering the online tutoring session?

o   Is the process different for group tutoring sessions?

o   Does the video conference choice impact tracking attendance? We have access to Zoom, MS Teams, and GoToMeeting.

·       What are the things you wish you could change with TutorTrac?

·       How easy / difficult was it to set up so TutorTrac talks to Banner?

·       Do students have to register to attend a tutoring session?

·       Does it really only work with Internet Explorer or Firefox?

·       Can TutorTrac easily differentiate between different types of tutoring services? Study Groups, Small Group Drop-in Tutoring, One-on-One appointments for navigating tutoring services, workshops, etc….

Thank you!

vb

Victoria J Bennett

Director, Learning Commons / Washtenaw Community College

734-677-5387 / [log in to unmask] / GM 206

1_Learning_Commons_ID

The Learning Commons on-campus operations are currently suspended- but remote services are available. Please visit our website for information on accessing resources and services.