Good morning everyone!

I was curious if anyone has thoughts on individual tutoring appointments compared to having drop-in style tutoring while online? This past year we offered drop-in tutoring which seemed to work well while we were on campus and so I am interested to learn more about programs that offered one-on-one appointments.  With being online for the Fall, I am wondering if students might be more comfortable/likely to use in a one-on-one setting with a tutor online instead of being in a session with multiple people. However with doing appointments my concern would be that we could be limiting the number of students that can utilize our services and not maximizing our tutors availability.

With drop-in tutoring I feel we can serve more students and can better help students who might have a quick question that might not require an appointment. With that though it could be more challenging for tutors to manage and make sure they are giving enough attention to multiple students in an online session.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated!

Thank you,

Brandon

Brandon Pokarney
Academic Advisor
University of North Dakota

Office: 701-864-0426 | Dept: 701-777-2117

McCannel Hall Room 190N
2891 2nd Ave N Stop 7143
Grand Forks, ND 58202