We work through our Academic Services Department.  The assistant there who works with the publishers was able to secure access to Cengage's e-books for our tutors.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:06 PM Keigh-Cee Bell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I would recommend reaching out to the representative for the company of the books to ask if you can have an e-book copy or if they have another solution. They may be able to help.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:47 PM Debbie Malewicki <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I believe I saw an announcement from Cengage, earlier in the spring term, that they were making access to their online versions free. I’m wondering if we can approach them and other publishers about continuing the process into the new academic year for tutors.

Sincerely,
Debbie Malewicki, President
Integrity 1st Learning Support Solutions, LLC
(203) 800-4100
Facebook: @Integrity1stLSS

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Elaine T. Hunyadi <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2020 12:42:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Tutor Essentials Information Session - Texts for Tutors Question

All,

One concern I have is sharing materials with students and tutors. Typically at our onsite space we have copies of texts for courses that students frequently seek help with. With a reduced tutoring staff, I handed out physical copies of texts to tutors when we moved fully online. Having these texts allows tutors to brush up on material or use the text during a session to help students solve problems. For the fall, with current Covid-19 protocol we will be unable to share physical texts. How are folks getting materials to share with multiple student tutors?  It seems e-books are "single use"  so renting or purchasing multiple e-books for multiple tutors would cause a strain on our budget given the price of some of the texts.
Ideas?

Thanks,
Elaine

Elaine Hunyadi

Director, Center for Academic Achievement: Social Science, Business and Technology Tutoring

Saginaw Valley State University

University Center, MI 48710

989.964.2469