Matt,

There are a number of resources in this area - over the last eighteen
months thanks to a project with Mike Galsworthy we've been streaming tweets
from legislators in AU, BE, CA, DE, FR, IE, PL, MX, SP, UK, US, EU MPs, and
US governors. We have Twitter profiles for 123m+ politically engaged
accounts and in March of 2019 we published the Legislator's Twitter
Followers Census, which has about 29m unique accounts. The code for this is
on Github, the content can be explored via the Kibana interface to our
Elasticsearch cluster, and there's an ArangoDB install just waiting for me
to start improving handling of network data.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__figshare.com_authors_Neal-5FRauhauser_574339&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=HKmIHbqpntjgUhFOzwe5dIoiEK8T4RUIONwnhcXzISA&s=ikWcDUENxNUV2sMei47LCJAQgZigBpN2NWuQ7UuQ-N4&e=

Dr. Laura Dilley at MSU joined us recently, she's used to running down good
sized grants, and is starting to get her head around what we have
available. There are other resources out there as well - Pushshift,
Documenting the Now, etc. Ours is the one most likely to spill volumes of
network oriented data though - it's an area of specialization for me. Drop
us a note, we'll see what we can do ...

                               Neal

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:26 PM Mason Porter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> *****  To join INSNA, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.insna.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=HKmIHbqpntjgUhFOzwe5dIoiEK8T4RUIONwnhcXzISA&s=gPSLUH_2zVxqR1QzdC70jDNiLSQSKrP3MwRWCo7883A&e=   *****
>
> Matt,
>
> You could look at the subset of networks labeled 'political' in the ICON
> index of networks:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__icon.colorado.edu_-23-21_networks&d=DwIBAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=qNndWeDHVInCChFysWkknqQ-epEzaCHUTJN9Lqu3vt4&s=_0K8kKps5dPpDHRqXU75GxZgZCLkFlCltHfGgl8v8MA&e=
>
> This is more for political entities (including politicians), rather than
> e.g. regular people who are voting. I suspect you may want the latter, but
> at least this is a place to start.
>
> I also know of some not in this index (because I have worked with them),
> though again they are of politicians or political entities.
>
> -----
> Mason
>

> > Date:    Mon, 29 Jun 2020 09:20:07 -0500
> > From:    Matthew Weber <[log in to unmask]>
> > Subject: Available datasets on politics and networks?
> >
> > *****  To join INSNA, visit
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.insna.org&d=DwIBAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=qNndWeDHVInCChFysWkknqQ-epEzaCHUTJN9Lqu3vt4&s=T80aUZOhD6ihK6LBGRK_MfriSovtPBthFmZaFu83keQ&e=
>  *****
> >
> > Hi Socnetters:
> >
> >> I have a PhD student in my doctoral networks class who is interested in
> >studying political beliefs and social network structure. This is not my
> >specific area of expertise, and while I?m familiar with dozens of
> excellent studies on the topic, I?m trying to help her to find a good
> network data set that she could use to complete her course paper.
> >
> > If anyone has suggestions on available data, I?d be grateful (as would
> the student!).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Matt
> >

> > Matthew Weber

> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.matthewsweber.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=MJPGAzVweJ-9U2woyFtr0mmVTA7Kpwn0mAkfXUKLnJs&s=0GTFRrUqzSz3EKfH5OeWOcGgvDf8UnXqsP6JSVFVXO4&e=
> >
> > Associate Professor
> > Cowles Endowed Fellow of Media Management
> > Hubbard School of Journalism and Mass Communication
> >
> > Vice Chair, Organizational Communication Division
> > National Communication Association

> network researchers (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.insna.org&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=HKmIHbqpntjgUhFOzwe5dIoiEK8T4RUIONwnhcXzISA&s=gPSLUH_2zVxqR1QzdC70jDNiLSQSKrP3MwRWCo7883A&e= ). To unsubscribe, send

Wire:nrauhauser
sms:202-642-1717
mailto:[log in to unmask]