From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Robin Sakonyi
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2020 1:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Online Tutoring Best Practices

Good afternoon, Learning Center colleagues!

Does anyone have a "How to Get the Most Out of Your Online Tutoring Session" type of document?  There are tons of resources like this out there for online classes, but I haven't found one specific to college-level online tutoring.  How about "Establishing Rapport in an Online Tutoring Session"?

I think it's important to have a clear set of expectations and recommendations for students, as well as for tutors.

We're prepping for tutor training, and I thought I'd put the question out there to our Learning Center community.

Many thanks!

~Robin

Robin Sakonyi, MA

Associate Director, Center for Student Progress (CSP)

Youngstown State University

P: 330-941-2375 or 3197 | E: [log in to unmask]

www.ysu.edu/csp