I would like these well.

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 1:27 PM Nisha E Abraham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hello All,

I hope this email finds you well.

I’m curious if anyone in this group has created or is in the process of creating student-facing study strategy resources, handouts, workshops, etc. that have an equity/diversity/inclusion focus? For example, a handout that helps a student create a time management plan but also provides space for them to reflect on their personal situation (dependent or family care, full time work, mental health, etc.) and incorporating these acknowledged needs into that time management plan.

I see a lot of resources for faculty on how to incorporate equitable teaching practices in the classroom, but not many student-facing resources that acknowledge inequities in the system and try to help students find innovative ways to be successful that also value their identity.

This is just one example I’ve thought of, but if anyone else has developed resources like this, or is considering it, would love to talk more.

Thanks,

~Nisha Abraham

Nisha Abraham (she/her/hers) | Senior SI Coordinator, Sanger Learning Center | School of Undergraduate Studies

512-232-1962 | [log in to unmask] | www.utexas.edu/ugs/slc

Louis Burkwhat,  M.A.E., M.Div.

Director Academic Success Center

530-226-4979 office

X2979 ext.

530-226-4864 fax

Request an academic mentor here!

Have a concern for a student?  Tell me about it here!

Want to set up a time to meet?  Get on my calendar here!

[log in to unmask]" alt="https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kBlrDx1Veop7btb7nGaDci0Y_kT7eToJovCbEDCbustQCpFrqVDOI9GWK9Tgs55B5yBIWeSIKnUuDrt3409RfqNtnIY=s0-d-e1-ft#http://simpsonu.edu/assets/img/ID/email/su.gif">

Learner—Belief—Achiever—ResponsibilityConnectedness

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This communication and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it, constitute an electronic communication within the scope of the electronic Communication Privacy Act, 18, USCA 2510.  This communication may contain non-public, confidential, or legally privileged information intended for the sole use of the designated recipients.  The unlawful interception, use or disclosure of such information is strictly prohibited under 18 USCA 2511 and any applicable laws.