Hi, Stacy.

Like Erin, I have used a combination of resources. My first choice was Loom but for some reason lately the videos come out somewhat blurry. I found another recording that is really good and free (though they have a quota of videos you can keep on their website). It also has a video editor. It's called Cincopa. I will definitely check Screencast-O-Matic, though, as Cincopa doesn't download in MP4s and I always have to then convert the video. By the way, here's a good freemium video converter https://www.online-convert.com/.
I have also just read that Panopto has launched free tools for teachers. Here's the Article

I hope this helps.

Best,

Ira