Danna,

We don’t distribute a survey to gauge our staff’s expectations, but we do include a substantive training piece that addresses the topic.  We split them into groups and ask them to brainstorm on the following:

Years ago we hit upon this as a much more effective, generative way of collaboratively creating these shared expectations rather than us simply telling them what they are.  I would think you could easily adapt these to some survey questions if you like.

Bruce Epps, M.A.

Director of Academic Success

614-236-6461 (Office)

614-236-6327 (Reception)

Blackmore Library 211

Capital University

1 College and Main

Columbus, Ohio  43209-2394

Academic Success web site: www.capital.edu/academic-success/

Schedule tutoring, writing, and academic coaching appointments at https://tutortrac.capital.edu

[log in to unmask]" alt="signature_576966099">