Victoria,
I appreciate your questions. Sounds like you are going above and beyond with your outreach approaches.  It also sounds like you have a host of issues hitting you all at once.  I imagine many of us have similar issues.  Below are my responses, but some background info first:
I work in the University Learning Center (ULC) at the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW)

       What is your attendance?

UNCW has a student population of about 17,000.  In a "normal" year about 30% of the student population utilizes our services.

       Have you changed platforms since going online?

No. We have offered online tutoring since about 2010s.  We started with Wimba, moved to WebEx, then finally started using Zoom about two years ago.  Despite many attempts over the years to promote online tutoring, most students want face-to-face tutoring.  In Mid-March we moved all tutoring to online Zoom appointments.  We also offered "Drop-In" study sessions where students don't need an appointment, but these sessions have not been well-attended.  Our SI model does not work well online, but our SI Coordinator did an excellent job in creating as close to the SI experience online as possible.

       Do you think your platform impacts attendance?

Yes.  Like you, we are searching for answers as to why students are reluctant to utilize online tutoring.  We have not come up with a good answer.

       What outreach are you doing to students?

Emails to specific classes, emails to professors, connecting to academic advisors, info in newsletters.  During the Summer semesters, I attempted to "embed" tutors into certain classes (our SI program already does something similar).  I asked specific professors to add a tutor to their Canvas (Learning Management Software) page so that the tutor was up to date on class activities and could email the students enrolled in the class directly.  I'd estimate about 30% of professors did so.  When a professor did cooperate, in general there was more tutoring traffic.  I will try this embedded model again this coming Fall.

       What student success data do you have access to and how do you use it?

We have TutorTrac which allows us to run reports about student usage: number of students, numbers of visits, etc.

Mike

Mike Ruwe

Assistant Director | University Learning Center

Tutoring Services Coordinator

University of North Carolina Wilmington

910.962.4194

www.uncw.edu/ulc

NOTICE:

Emails sent and received in the course of university business are subject to the North Carolina Public Records Act (N.C.G.S. 132-1 et seq.) and may be released to the public unless an exception applies.