Even if you laid them off, the wouldn’t be eligible for unemployment. In
higher education, if you don’t work the summer you cannot collect
unemployment if you have a job again in the fall because it is considered a
“break.” (This is true for adjuncts as well...which puts many of them in a
bad spot.)

Keigh-Cee Bell

Coordinator
(269)782-1463