In Montana if you are employed in education you have to prove that you will not be employed in the Fall.  Only after that will they pay you the benefits.  If you do not know until the fall then and you file at the start of summer, then you will be nothing over the summer until you can prove you will not/are not employed in the fall.  I get why they do it, but when you are on the receiving end of that rule it is horrible.

-----

David Airne

Academic Coordinator TRIO/SSS

Montana State University Billings

1500 University Drive, Library 141

Billings, MT 59101

(406) 657-1675

www.msubillings.edu/sss/

[log in to unmask]" alt="MSUB New Logo">

*MSU Billings is practicing social distancing, outlined by the protocol of the CDC, State Department, and Montana University System to combat COVID-19.