Here at Simpson, we have a form that we use that asks what kind of help they are looking for.  If it is also related to a class we ask for the class.  We then connect them with a tutor who has had that class, but also if possible someone how has had that professor.  Being a small university has helped us to find ways to try and make the most of the small community that we have.