From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of David Reedy <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 9:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Online Training for you and your Tutors

CAUTION: This email originated from outside Ohio Dominican University.

NCLCA Webinar information is available at https://nclca.wildapricot.org/webinars/
It's a new webinar! Because the Bias Education for Tutors webinar was so well received, a follow-up session has been scheduled to conduct the actual training used by our presenter, Abe Saunders, from College of Charleston. This was asked for by many so here it comes!
On Wed, Aug 5 at 4PM Eastern, a training session on Bias Education for Tutors. This "follow-up" webinar is offered at $25 per individual registration, or $50 per institution for up to 3 registrations. (Limited to the first 20 paying participants).
Participants will undergo the regular training used for tutors at the College of Charleston (CofC) guided by Abe and his colleague, Richa Pokhrel. This includes an opportunity to actively participate in:
  1. Social identity and bias awareness activities that CofC tutors experience,
  2. Relevant scenario-based discussions that examine best practices for identifying and interrupting bias,
  3. Discussion of actions that students (and all of us!) can take to further recognize and explore our own implicit biases
There will be time allowed for participants to ask questions. You are welcome to bring your tutors to this training as needed. Additional sessions may be scheduled as this will be capped at 20 participants.
The default rate of $50 will be charged, however a single registration is available for $25 and should apply the discount code of single.
Please use this link to register https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5521470725835021836

Please let me know of your questions, or if you require an invoice to pay. Registrations are not accepted without payment.
David

David L. Reedy, PhD
NCLCA Webinar Coordinator

David L. Reedy, PhD
Sr. Core Adjunct Faculty, School of Education
         Past-President, Treasurer, Current Webinar Coordinator, NCLCA
         2018 Recipient NCLCA Lifetime Achievement Award