The Virtual Sunbelt Conference 2020 will start tomorrow and we are looking forward to seeing many of you at the plenary events and scientific sessions. However, Sunbelt has always been a very important place for networking and unofficial exchange with colleagues from around the world with common interests or with colleagues from around the corner with whom we never find the time to chat during the rest of the year. We want to foster such networking activities also in times of physical distancing. Therefore, the Virtual Sunbelt Conference 2020 will have several networking events included in the schedule. We need your help in hosting these events, because we don’t know which Sunbelt networking activities are important to you. These events will use Zoom meetings and can utilize breakout rooms for small group discussions or other zoom related features.

*** Special Interest Groups (45 min.) ***

We have already scheduled two meetings of special interest groups on Wednesday, July 15 (8:30 PM Paris | 2:30 PM US East | 11:30 AM US West | 4:30 AM Sydney): Diversity SIG and Women in Network Science SIG.

*** Networking Events (45 min.) ***

We invite you to submit proposals for hosting networking events related to specific topics or methods on Wednesday, July 15 (9:20 PM Paris | 3:20 PM US East | 12:20 PM US West | 5:20 AM Sydney). Send hosts and title of the event to [log in to unmask]

*** Local Meetings ***

We invite you to submit proposals for hosting local (based on country, continent, language) events on Thursday, July 16 (3:30 PM Paris | 9:30 AM US East | 6:30 AM US West | 11:30 PM Sydney). Send hosts and title of the event to [log in to unmask] The current list of planned events can be seen here: http://www.pfeffer.at/sunbelt/

With many thanks and best wishes,

The Organizing Committee

---

Juergen Pfeffer

Professor of Computational Social Science & Big Data

Technical University of Munich / Bavarian School of Public Policy

www.pfeffer.at

@JurgenPfeffer