Dear Water Institute Faculty and Students,

Today, in support of #ScholarStrike we want to announce our Anti-discrimination statement and commitment.

The Water Institute recognizes the need to take action in a meaningful way to eradicate systematic discrimination and increase diversity within the scientific and professional community addressing water issues.

We support UF’s commitment to engage in the challenging, uncomfortable and transformational work that is needed to address racism and inequity. In our ongoing efforts to develop the 2021-2025 Water Institute Strategic Plan, we pledge to examine our programs, processes, and practices to identify where we can strengthen justice, equity, diversity, access and inclusion; develop anti-racism and equity goals and measures; and link those goals to concrete actions to address systemic barriers that have excluded underrepresented minority groups from our research, education, extension and outreach programs.

As an initial step in this process, we urge our Affiliate Faculty, students and collaborators to join us in creating an academic space where we:

Sincerely,

The UF Water Institute staff

Paloma Carton de Grammont, Ph.D.

Research Coordinator

UF Water Institute

PO Box 116601

University of Florida

Gainesville, FL 32611

Phone: 352-294-7744

Email: [log in to unmask]

http://waterinstitute.ufl.edu

"You have received this email because you are subscribed to the WATERINSTITUTE-STU-L mailing list. To be removed from the list, send a message to [log in to unmask] containing this text in the body of the message: "SIGNOFF WATERINSTITUTE-STU-L"