including your e-mail address, may be disclosed to the public and media at any time.

From: US EPA State and Local Energy and Environment Program <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, October 19, 2020 12:21 PM

Image removed by sender.

October 2020

Image removed by sender.

We are excited to introduce Maggie Molina, our new branch chief!

We are pleased to welcome Maggie Molina as EPA's Branch Chief of the State and Local Energy and Environment Program. She will lead the program's efforts to provide critical tools, resources and technical assistance for state, local, and tribal stakeholders.

Maggie previously served as Senior Director for Policy at the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), where she had a 15-year career supporting state and local energy efficiency policy. She earned a master of engineering and public policy from the University of Maryland and a bachelor of arts from Colgate University.

Please be in touch at [log in to unmask] to say hello and share ideas on how the State and Local Program can best serve you!

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

Image removed by sender.

New Fellowship Opportunity with the State and Local Energy and Environment Program

EPA’s State and Local Energy and Environment Program has an open Air Quality, Public Health, and Energy Strategies Fellowship position. Our program works cooperatively with state, local, and tribal (S/L/T) governments to help them reduce greenhouse gas and criteria pollutant emissions in ways that meet their own unique environmental, public health, energy, and economic priorities. The research fellow will focus on conducting research to support the development of decision-support resources and tools to help S/L/T governments understand, quantify, and communicate the public health impacts of emission reduction policies and programs.

Under the guidance of a mentor, the participant will conduct research at the intersection of energy, climate change, air pollution, and public health, and assist in the development of associated models. The participant may conduct policy analysis using tools such as EPA’s CO-Benefits Risk Assessment (COBRA) tool and Health-Benefits per Kilowatt-hour (BPK) values. Specific research may include:

·    The current state of health benefits inclusion and/or quantification in climate and energy policymaking;

·    Quantitative methods for assessing the health impacts of emission reduction policies, including reduced-form air quality modeling and long-term projections;

·    The equity and environmental justice implications of emissions reduction policies, and best practices for policy/program design;

·    The state of the science/literature on the health implications of electrification strategies; and

·    The indoor environment impacts of energy policies.

Applications are due October 30, 2020.

About the State and Local Energy and Environment Program

Image removed by sender.

This newsletter is a service of U.S. EPA's State and Local Energy and Environment Program. We offer expertise about implementing cost-effective energy efficiency, renewable energy, and climate policies and programs to interested state, local, and tribal governments.

Image removed by sender.

US EPA State and Local Energy and Environment Program | 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Mail Code: 6202A, Washington, DC 20460

Sent by [log in to unmask]