Weekly Update October 25, 2020

This is our weekly update, where we keep you up-to-date with upcoming chapter events and news. Remember to follow our Facebook page and join our Slack to stay connected!

Thank you, and here are some upcoming events!

Virtual Halloween Social

Thursday, October 29, 7:00 PM

Zoom: https://ufl.zoom.us/j/97722165151

👻Join ACM's Virtual Halloween Social this Thursday, Oct 29th, for Spooky Games, Halloween edition Kahoot with PRIZES, such as $15 gift cards, and a fun time celebrating the spooky season online!!!👻

Make sure to have a Halloween themed zoom background!

Google’s Coding Practice with Kick Start

Looking for a fun place to practice your coding skills without any pressure or time constraints?

Join us for Coding Practice with Kick Start! Work your way through algorithmic and mathematical problems during our week-long practice session from October 28 - November 4. This practice session is not an official Kick Start round, but a great way for you to try something new, brush up on your coding skills, learn about the Kick Start platform, prepare for an interview, and most importantly have fun!

Register today and mark your calendar for 4:30 pm PT on Wednesday, October 28 for a livestream to kick-off Coding Practice with Kick Start before you dive into the problems on the platform. At the close of the week-long practices session, tune in again to hear from Google engineers who will walk through solutions for the problems you tackled and answer common questions.

Before Coding Practice with Kick Start begins, we recommend watching our Kick Start Tutorial Video. It provides tips on how to participate and solve a problem on the platform.

Apply for UFACM Marketing Director Position

Responsibilites:

- Event planning with the executive board.
- Sharing event details and links on Facebook, Slack.

*Application: bit.ly/ufacmmarketing