Dear all,

We are currently looking for a postdoc or MSc holder with network
science experience and a data science profile, ideally with some
experience with graph databases and/or statistical modelling of networks.

The deadline is 6 January 2021. Details and the application form can be
found here:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hrorganiser.essex.ac.uk_tlive-5Fwebrecruitment_wrd_run_ETREC107GF.open-3FVACANCY-5FID-3D889430NCvB-26WVID-3D9918109NEm-26LANG-3DUSA&d=DwIGaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=ODtN2KMvxcKhhiqRsD-F_WGwpcVlG3Oe-D4SLHPDb7Q&s=qvKZhSzSdBGYf_5Cvsz8aoJqWDNla3EGi6HTNbyZ0_o&e=
or via https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.philipleifeld.com_job-2Dopportunities&d=DwIGaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=ODtN2KMvxcKhhiqRsD-F_WGwpcVlG3Oe-D4SLHPDb7Q&s=uvFWKV3HdHlT4qc8SKkBcsYsaoSy7ON90n_kMcXF6lU&e= .

The candidate will be supervised by me and a colleague from the School
of Computer Science and Electronic Engineering at Essex for a duration
of 33 months. The candidate will be affiliated with the Department of
Government at the University of Essex. However, the place of work will
be the headquarters of Preqin, a leading finance intelligence firm based
in central London. Preqin will provide joint supervision.

The project is a knowledge transfer partnership (KTP) and is funded
jointly by Innovate UK and Preqin. Preqin maintains a large database of
managers, firms, and deals in the alternative assets industry (primarily
hedge funds). The data scientist we are recruiting will analyse this
dataset using network science tools (exploratory and
statistical/inferential network analysis) and related techniques.

Joint peer-reviewed publications with the academic supervisors are
planned. This position is great for an academic who wants to gain some
industry experience, possibly with a view to work in the private sector
later, for somebody who already has industry experience, or for somebody
who wants to stay in academia but would like to work on an interesting
network science dataset.

We tried to recruit for this position earlier this year and have now
raised the salary to £34,000-60,000 depending on experience.

Please email me with any questions you may have.

Best regards,

Philip

--
Philip Leifeld